Handstand Workshop London March 2018
LONDON EC1 | 3 MARCH 2018
update 13/02/18: this workshop has now sold out. if you would like to go on the waiting list, or join our (infrequent!) mailing list to be first to hear about our next one, please let us know.
Make 2018 the year you learn to handstand!
Upside down yoga postures can be fun, challenging and daunting all at the same time. In this workshop we'll concentrate on handstand: newer students will begin to experience what this posture is like and more experienced practitioners will be able to experiment with variations and different transitions.
What to expect
Warm up your body with a steady vinyasa flow yoga practice. We will increase mobility in key areas of your body such as shoulders, hips and hamstrings, and learn to engage the muscles that will support you in your handstand. Then expect plenty of time to experiment with going upside down in a fully supportive environment. Towards the end of the afternoon we'll cool down steadily and finish with a guided relaxation.
Suitable for all levels except those completely new to yoga. But all levels of handstanders are welcome, from beginners up!
Do I have to be able to do a handstand?
No – that’s the whole point of this workshop! Attendee numbers will be strictly limited meaning you will be fully supported by your teacher and other attendees as you learn to take more weight on your hands. You will leave with tips and techniques to practise at home to gradually build your strength, mobility and confidence. This workshop is open to everyone except those completely new to yoga.
Who is this workshop suitable for?
Anyone that has some experience of vinyasa yoga and wants to build confidence in inversions! Yoga students will learn under the watchful eye of an experienced teacher, while yoga teachers or teacher trainees will pick up tips on how to sequence classes for inversions plus strength and mobility drills and techniques to use in their own classes.
How much does it cost?
Bring a friend and each get 10% off!
- £35 for one person
- £63 for two people (= £31.50 per person)
How do I book?
Click here to book your spot (how to: after login click 'make single reservation'. Then follow the simple steps to payment, choosing either to book just for one person or for you and a friend).
- When? Saturday 3 March, 1:30-4pm
- Where? EC1 House, Unit C, 45 Mitchell Street, EC1V 3QD
- What should I bring? All mats and props will be provided. Just bring yourself in comfy clothes that don't restrict your movement, and maybe a water bottle!
- How do I get there? If you search for 'Yoga with Olivia' in Google maps our Mitchell Street location should come up. Or from Old Street tube station take the orange exit (exit 4) directly opposite the ticket barriers, signed to Clerkenwell and St Luke's. After a minute or two turn right off Old Street on to St Luke's Close, then right again on to Mitchell Street. We have a black front door with number '45' on it. Press the buzzer for flat C and we'll let you in - we're on the second floor. Since our buzzer sounds in the studio please don't press it once the workshop has started!
- How do I book? Click here to book your spot (how to: after login click 'make single reservation'. Then follow the simple steps to payment, choosing either to book just for one person or for you and a friend).
- What if I can't make it? Bookings are fully refundable up to two weeks before the date of the workshop. Bookings are not refundable with less than two weeks notice.